Key fob battery usage

Is this kind of pouch the only solution we have found? My first fob lasted like 4 months and since I have had a new battery like every 3 weeks and it's now too annoying. I've read everything on Bobby's site and tried to deal with the battery coating to no avail.

Was there a pouch/box you liked most?
I got these. Be sure to put the fob in the silver lined portion as this will block RF. Battery life greatly improved

Is this kind of pouch the only solution we have found? My first fob lasted like 4 months and since I have had a new battery like every 3 weeks and it's now too annoying. I've read everything on Bobby's site and tried to deal with the battery coating to no avail.

Was there a pouch/box you liked most?
These have worked well for me. With them, my fob's battery life is about 5-6 months.

I bought one of these, fixed it inside my bedroom nightstand drawer...single handed operation..open box..throw key inside..close box...works great...I now replace batteries voluntarily every 3 months.

Limited-time deal: briidea Faraday Box Key Fob Protector, RFID Signal Blocking Box, Faraday Box Signal Blocking Shielding Box for Car Key https://a.co/d/8wjI8xu

A Faraday bag or box will also prevent someone from stealing your Lucid, or other car, using an RF relay attack.

Great summary! Do you have much experience with having your iPhone mobile key AND the key fob in your pocket? In other words is there 'in-fighting' between the two for operations of either unlocking or driving, etc?

PS: My key fob is opposite of your mobile key... when I approach from the front, I often have to go to the side of the car to unlock but if I approach from the rear, no problemo.
I carry a fob and have iphone mobile key set up. I've not noticed any conflicts

Back