Mileage experience after 5k miles on GT

IMG_8180.jpeg

I live in Florida, so always warm. My AC is on all the time. My lifetime is 3.7 with 10,000 miles. On my last road trip of 470 miles I got 4.0 driving max of 75 on highway. On the way back I drove mostly 80 mph and got about 3.4 m/kwh. My regen is always on high.

Last test I did resulted in improved range of about 10-15% when I do not run AC.

Last test I did resulted in improved range of about 10-15% when I do not run AC.
I live in fl as well and could not imagine driving without A/C regardless of consumption. the price to pay for a bit of a range boost is not worth the cost of discomfort.

I live in fl as well and could not imagine driving without A/C regardless of consumption. the price to pay for a bit of a range boost is not worth the cost of discomfort.
Agree. It was on that one week the weather dropped below 70. Haha

I never sacrifice cabin temperature for efficiency. Average speed, slower acceleration, sure. But I'm not sweating in my luxury car.

I still regularly get good efficiency, too. So I don't think it's worth whatever gains you get to be uncomfortable, anyway.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The Lucid "Efficiency Calculation" is, to my understanding, "SINCE THE LAST CHARGE". Hence, the calculation resets when you unplug the charger and start driving. The first drive after charging is the most accurate data in terms of efficiency (mi/kWh). Thereafter (i.e., until you charge again), the idle periods/vampire drain come into play. It is not entirely clear to me how the efficiency is calculated if you recharge (say with L2) every night. Specifically, whether the non-driving vampire drain (which is replenished with the overnight charging) is (or is not) comprehended in calculating the efficiency as the metric says "SINCE THE LAST CHARGE".
Most of the vampire drain gets taken care when the car is plugged in. It’s true that it’s more efficient when the car is on charge until you are ready to drive. But if the car was fully charged, then it’s sleeping and the moment you unplug, the car has to still use up energy to prep the battery and other systems for the drive. That’s where the efficiency goes down as it’s all done at using battery power. If the car is still charging when it’s unplugged, hard the best case scenario for looking at efficiency 🤓🤓. I think this is what I noticed

I’ve never gotten anything over 3.1 :(
I’m right there with you. I drive my car like it wants to be driven. 3.0-3.1 depending on the road ahead.

Most of the vampire drain gets taken care when the car is plugged in. It’s true that it’s more efficient when the car is on charge until you are ready to drive. But if the car was fully charged, then it’s sleeping and the moment you unplug, the car has to still use up energy to prep the battery and other systems for the drive. That’s where the efficiency goes down as it’s all done at using battery power. If the car is still charging when it’s unplugged, hard the best case scenario for looking at efficiency 🤓🤓. I think this is what I noticed
The issue at hand is not whether the Vampire Drain is "taken care of". It is how it is accounted for. My believe is that the Vampire Drain is factored into the Efficiency Equation. The calculation measures how much kWh was injected, how many kWh was consumed, and how many miles traveled. If so, Vampire Drain would factor into the "Efficiency Equation".

I am NOT making an assertion. Rather, I am trying to leverage the community's intelligence to better understand what the data really mean.

The issue at hand is not whether the Vampire Drain is "taken care of". It is how it is accounted for. My believe is that the Vampire Drain is factored into the Efficiency Equation. The calculation measures how much kWh was injected, how many kWh was consumed, and how many miles traveled. If so, Vampire Drain would factor into the "Efficiency Equation".

I am NOT making an assertion. Rather, I am trying to leverage the community's intelligence to better understand what the data really mean.
I thought when it’s plugged in, the power is consumed directly and not routed thru battery. For ex when I sit in car and listen to music or cleaning, if the car is plugged in, the efficiency doesn’t change (KWs used doesn’t change on the trip side). If it’s not plugged in, it does change and kw used starts going up. Again this is just my observation. I am not an engineer and not sure how his whole thing works.

It's a fantastic luxury car, so I use it as such. I just drive normally, in Atlanta, with climate set to between 70 and 72 deg, all comfort features on with a mix of city and 75+ mph highway. I'm generally at 3.0 - 3.1 though these numbers reflect my occasional "trips to Mexico" to demo the car to my friends. ;)

Back