Put in reverse mode, car move forward instead

Guessing forward and reverse were mixed up? Hard to say too, as new member with 1st post.
I thought that too, but my post was deleted (mods, could you DM me a reason? just want to understand the rules, thanks!).

Nevertheless, getting telemetry in this case is the most important thing. I don't blame the member for this being his first post, as barely any "normal" owners register for this forum until there is an issue (makes sense, tbh).

Don’t let anybody do a hard reset on the car! Have Lucid pull the logs first. They will be able to tell whether it was a mechanical error or some other cause.

Guessing forward and reverse were mixed up? Hard to say too, as new member with 1st post.
but I will not drive with the extreme backward when my intention was to go back I will look at the screen to watch for incoming cars and push the pedal very slowly

Don’t let anybody do a hard reset on the car! Have Lucid pull the logs first. They will be able to tell whether it was a mechanical error or some other cause.
I called the Lucid and they are investigating

The service department responded and mentioned that there are known software issue when user steps on brake while tapping on acceleration pedal. I don't think I did that and I was using the hold mode. I check all profiles on the car. I did find one of the user profiles was set to Roll mode which I am not sure why. Anyway, I switch all profiles to Hold mode and disable the creep mode. Also, I bring the key fob with me. In case when something weird happens, I can hard reset the car.
Fob has nothing to do with resets. I'm not sure what you mean about "hard reset" but I do know that if you do it it can delete the logs at Lucid might need to identify a problem.

Hello Everyone,
I just got a Lucid Air Touring about 3 weeks ago and I’ve driven about 1500 miles. I loved it. However, last Friday, May 17, 2024, I was driving from LA to SF with my daughter. I had to recharge at Patterson, but when I got to the shopping center, all the chargers were occupied.
I decided to drop my daughter off at a fast-food restaurant nearby. After she got out of the car, I put it in reverse to back up and get in line for a charger. However, the car suddenly accelerated forward at high speed, and I hit a dental office in the shopping center, breaking the glass windows. The front end of the car was damaged, and I had to get out from the back door. No airbag was deployed.
The car was towed to a garage, and we rented a car to continue our journey. It was extremely scary. I’m planning to call Lucid this morning to ask for an investigation.
That's a scary and bad accident. I think asking Lucid to investigate is the right thing. Hope you'll get the right answers.

I remember that when i just got my touring and put creep mode.... if the ground is down hill, then even if you put reverse, the car will move forward. I even video recorded, tested on tesla, polestar, and genesis gv60 none of them had an issue like this.

I showed it to lucid rep and they said its normal and all the other lucids were acting the same way. Since then i never used creep mode. Recemtly i noticed that they got rid of creep mode after the latest update. Just writing this if this will help any.

Back