Blind Spot Monitoring does not work on Trucks

gregshap

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Touring DDp
My blind spot warnings do not work on large trucks or 18 wheelers.

When going down the interstate, 18 wheelers and any truck higher than a stock pickup truck will not show up on the blind spot warning.
I have even turned on my turn signal in the direction of a passing truck and get no warning of their presence.

Attached are some of the many videos I took of this happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tNcegEt69fN14ECg8

Of all the vehicle types that I would want a warning of, it would be a big truck !

Anybody else experience this dangerous issue?

Cars and normal trucks work most of the time.

I reported this to support over a week ago and they have not bothered to call me back.

2023 Air Touring
DreamDrive Pro

When going down the interstate, 18 wheelers and any truck higher than a stock pickup truck will not show up on the blind spot warning.
I have even turned on my turn signal in the direction of a passing truck and get no warning of their presence.

Attached are some of the many videos I took of this happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tNcegEt69fN14ECg8

Of all the vehicle types that I would want a warning of, it would be a big truck !

I reported this to support over a week ago and they have not bothered to call me back.

2023 Air Touring
DreamDrive Pro
Thanks for documenting and reporting this bug.

This bug should definitely be fixed.

2023 Air Touring
DreamDrive Pro
I have not experienced this. Something is wrong with your car. Call service and have them check it out.

I think I've experienced this with my car as well. The videos you posted show you passing other vehicles, but have you noticed if the indicators fail to activate when you are being passed by the other vehicle? I may be wrong and perhaps others can weigh in, but I think the indicator may only activate when the other vehicle comes into the range of the sensors from behind yours and not when you approach and pass from behind.

It seems to work normally with shorter vehicles whether they pass me or I pass them. Also, when they are right beside me at the same speed, it should light up to warn me not to change lanes.
Cars will light up, anything bigger never show.

i thought it only works when another vehicle is passing you or you two are traveling approximately at the same speed. i'm pretty sure if you're passing another vehicle, it doesn't light up which makes sense IMO.

This video clip shows it working on smaller vehicles and one 18 wheeler but other vehicles do nothing. passing or being passed.

i thought it only works when another vehicle is passing you or you two are traveling approximately at the same speed. i'm pretty sure if you're passing another vehicle, it doesn't light up which makes sense IMO.
That is correct, It only works when it seems a vehicle is in your “Blind Spot” which is behind you where you normally would not see that vehicle.

It definitely does not work for a vehicle you can see, the obvious ones being in the other lanes in front of you.

Back