First recorded 60-130 pull. 32 degrees out.

Could someone (if you can that is) please tell me if at WOT (wide open throttle) at 100% SOC (state of charge) how long the Lucid Air Sapphire produces it's maximum quoted horsepower and torque figures?

I thought about this and if you accelerated to the cars top speed. Let’s say that is 240 mph. At 240mph my swag is it would take about 5.7 kWh per mile. Giving you a range a ~20 miles so you would be done in 5 minutes. The battery pack would light on fire at this discharge rate.

We need some serious space to see how long the car can maintain 240mph before it cuts power.

Have far would you end up going and what average speed if you could hold the accelerator to the floor until the car stopped?
Maybe @mcr16 could ask a Sapphire engineer for us =)

What tires where you driving at 32 degrees? I have been reluctant to take delivery because I need to find all-season or snow tires.

What tires where you driving at 32 degrees? I have been reluctant to take delivery because I need to find all-season or snow tires.
It's the MPS4S it came with. I don't think there are snows for the Sapphire. Above freezing you should be ok.

I like how they compare the interior luxury of the Sapphire versus the single seater Demon.

Next time the Sapphire driver should turn on some music and maybe grab a few bites of popcorn while racing 😂

What range are you getting on your Sapphire?🙂
Heh...depends on how you look at it. Pure numbers, not the greatest. My lifetime average is about 2.4 mi/kwh. That being said, I have a very hard time not romping on it all the time. I literally get into it just about every time I drive it. On the rare occasion that I do just putt around in it, I get usually between 3.5 and 4 mi/kwh. I took it on a nice cruise over the weekend with some friends and even pushing it a little on back roads I still ended up with 3.2 mi/kwh over about 60 miles, which included a couple launches for my friends to experience.

Attachments

• 20240526_174039.jpg
    20240526_174039.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Heh...depends on how you look at it. Pure numbers, not the greatest. My lifetime average is about 2.4 mi/kwh. That being said, I have a very hard time not romping on it all the time. I literally get into it just about every time I drive it. On the rare occasion that I do just putt around in it, I get usually between 3.5 and 4 mi/kwh. I took it on a nice cruise over the weekend with some friends and even pushing it a little on back roads I still ended up with 3.2 mi/kwh over about 60 miles, which included a couple launches for my friends to experience.

Interesting Thanks. So 250- 400 miles ish then on a charge? Last question.🙂

That's... actually way better than I expected! 380ish miles with a couple of launches is amazing, and getting 3.8 almost gets you 450 miles.

At 2.4mi/kwh my math works out to approximately 280 miles. If driven around town and not getting into it is can easily get close to if not over 400 miles
Although I definitely understand what you mean, would it be a reasonable assumption that "not getting into it" on the Sapphire is equivalent to dumping the throttle off the line in a 5 series? 🤣

I do wonder why the efficiency is this high, though. Even with stickier tires, worse aero (in terms of drag, nothing else, although it is still quite fantastic), and the obvious HP advantage, it is getting within spitting distance of the DE-P. If you have figures for it, what do you get by going the speed limit on a highway?

Although I definitely understand what you mean, would it be a reasonable assumption that "not getting into it" on the Sapphire is equivalent to dumping the throttle off the line in a 5 series? 🤣

I do wonder why the efficiency is this high, though. Even with stickier tires, worse aero (in terms of drag, nothing else, although it is still quite fantastic), and the obvious HP advantage, it is getting within spitting distance of the DE-P. If you have figures for it, what do you get by going the speed limit on a highway?
Lol no, I just mean driving it normally around town. Light to light, traffic etc. No room to play or sudden acceleration.

The route we took Sunday was pretty optimal for efficiency. Winding country roads with more downs than ups, then on the way back relatively level route at consistent 40ish mph.

As for the highway, if I'm doing 75 the efficiency suffers for sure. Usually 2.7 or so. That being said I'm usually up around 85 which brings me down to 2.5 or lower. I've had trips where enthusiastic driving nets me a 1.8 lol.

Back