Is this experience common when attempting to lease or buy?

Atxmarco

Hi all,
Yesterday i attempted to take the plunge into a grand touring lease- here’s what happened so far. Entered my contact info on the website sunday night indicating i was ready to buy, no callback as of 2pm yesterday. I then called lucid’s national number for sales, no answer, and left a message. Waited a couple of hours and called again, this time was connected to a sales agent, who did answer a few questions for me, and noted he saw that i had left my contact info on the website, then seemed to be pushing me toward a touring instead of a grand touring as it could be a better deal.

I asked him if there were any available that would qualify for the 5k incentive as the app only showed cars that would be available in 2 weeks. His first answer was that all cars on the website have the 2 week designation, and there were some in texas that would qualify. He then said there was only 1 in texas that would qualify and it was already ibeing bought.

He then said there was a sales rep specifically for texas and i asked if that person could call me as i’m very interested in going forward, rest of the day came and went with no call.

I then called the studio near dallas which looks like the only one in texas up and running that can sell cars, no answer.

I know lucid is a startup and the experience is different than a dealership, but is this what you folks have gone through? Sheesh.

Hoping today will be more fruitful.

Not my experience, but I setup a test drive in a Studio and then sat down with a Sales person who was phenomenal ! I'm still in contact with him via text.

Suggest you go to your nearest Studio.

Hmm, yeah that wasn't my experience at all. Mine was what I've called "Apple-esque" but maybe that's because I visited the Chicago satallite showroom. The sales reps there were exceedingly thorough and prompt. Even the people I dealt with at the main Chicago depot were very prompt.
My only issue was with Bank of America's slow-as-molasses underwriting.
IDK if it's an online thing?
Maybe an in-person visit would be best, if it's not too far away for you.

I know I have been waiting for my window sticker for the longest time and my SA mentioned they have been slammed with this 5K off incentive so they are definetely lagging behind. But the SA's moved heaven and earth for me to find me a 2023 on the east coast so big props to them for that.

Did you need a number to get going? I sent a direct message. I have a gentleman named Adam from the Scottsdale Studio who would be happy to help.

Thanks all, things took a turn for the better as i called the chicago studio yesterday. Stacking up the incentives. Placed a deposit…more to follow.
Am i insane to be driving a new touring from chicago to austin to save 5k?

Thanks all, things took a turn for the better as i called the chicago studio yesterday. Stacking up the incentives. Placed a deposit…more to follow.
It sounds like one of the most fun things that you could do with a new Lucid Air. Enjoy the drive!

One thing I would consider is get a clear ppf installed for the front, just to make sure you don’t get a rock chip on your new car.

You'll absolutely love the drive. It'll be a good way to learn how the car works. However, I strongly encourage you, before you take delivery, to go thru the threads that answer so many questions that new owners have about how the car works. Also, a distance drive like that, in a car as responsive as a Lucid, will probably encourage you to immediately get a radar detector. 😁

My experience was what I call unique for purchasing a car. Had I not continually followed up over the course of two weeks with “please take my money!” I’m pretty sure nothing would have happened. Not even Ferrari was this disinterested in a sale and they hate their customers.

I’ve done several road trip purchases and all but a couple were fun. You could always get it transported, it’s surprisingly reasonable.

Any excuse to drive a Lucid is definitely very sane. Believe me as I’ve placed mine on ‘the back burner’ as getting too many miles (38,004), and chomp on the bit every time I leave it in the stable trying to not expire 50,000 mile vehicle warranty 🤐

For funsies, I mapped out a charging route on the way to Austin.
Not bad. 2 EA locations along the way, and an odd "Francis Energy" before Austin, assuming Lucid charges you to 100% before you leave.
Looks like a fun drive!
1715184976923.png

evnavigation.com

Thanks, i used abrp and it was a disaster. Wanted me to charge 9 times..wackadoo app.
Those stops will be shorter, but more frequent. You can adjust this in the settings on ABRP based on your preferences.

For funsies, I mapped out a charging route on the way to Austin.
Not bad. 2 EA locations along the way, and an odd "Francis Energy" before Austin, assuming Lucid charges you to 100% before you leave.
Looks like a fun drive!
View attachment 20494
evnavigation.com
Always assume your next charging spot will feature defective chargers. So have an alternate location just in case.

Hi all,
Yesterday i attempted to take the plunge into a grand touring lease- here’s what happened so far. Entered my contact info on the website sunday night indicating i was ready to buy, no callback as of 2pm yesterday. I then called lucid’s national number for sales, no answer, and left a message. Waited a couple of hours and called again, this time was connected to a sales agent, who did answer a few questions for me, and noted he saw that i had left my contact info on the website, then seemed to be pushing me toward a touring instead of a grand touring as it could be a better deal.

I asked him if there were any available that would qualify for the 5k incentive as the app only showed cars that would be available in 2 weeks. His first answer was that all cars on the website have the 2 week designation, and there were some in texas that would qualify. He then said there was only 1 in texas that would qualify and it was already ibeing bought.

He then said there was a sales rep specifically for texas and i asked if that person could call me as i’m very interested in going forward, rest of the day came and went with no call.

I then called the studio near dallas which looks like the only one in texas up and running that can sell cars, no answer.

I know lucid is a startup and the experience is different than a dealership, but is this what you folks have gone through? Sheesh.

Hoping today will be more fruitful.
Sorry to hear this. My experience has been very much the opposite, in fact I've found all staff at Lucid very helpful. I have used both Miami and Palm Beach dealers in Florida. I used the Tyson Corner service in Virginia, nearest my summer home.

That sounds like a fun road trip to me. I made a car purchase on Ebay, and drove it back to the northeast from the mid-Atlantic to save a few bucks. Totally normal!

Back