Power doors: Do not want.

Uhm....the Lucid has these kinds of doors

I have that exact make and model of that car with the same door. I don’t see how this is possible. I think it is another opportunist trying to make a quick buck

My 2018 Panamera Turbo had the soft close door option, and I never had this problem in over 4 years. In fact this was a great option.

I'm always having to slam the door on my wife's 2013 Audi S4. If I close it too light, it does not close all the way and I have to push it again to close properly. Wish her car came with the soft close doors.

What idiot keeps his thumb in the way when closing the door.

I thought there was a distinction between power doors and soft close doors.

On the other hand, it could also be an illustration of idiocy.
Yea, the car in the video is using soft close

I"m fine with slamming them if eliminates a problem.

My 2018 Panamera Turbo had the soft close door option, and I never had this problem in over 4 years. In fact this was a great option.

I'm always having to slam the door on my wife's 2013 Audi S4. If I close it too light, it does not close all the way and I have to push it again to close properly. Wish her car came with the soft close doors.

What idiot keeps his thumb in the way when closing the door.

I had a 2018 Panamera Turbo S as well. No issues with soft close. Also had it on a Mercedes E63 and two BMW M5s.

I think this guy is just trying to make a quick buck.

Yea, the car in the video is using soft close

No Mercedes has Power closing doors, only soft close doors. The EQS was supposed to have power close but it doesn’t due to components shortages.

I have soft close doors on my car and I don't see how the alleged incident can happen. I agree with the other posters that this is highly questionable.

BTW...I don't think soft close doors are a necessity but they are a "nice have".

I have soft close doors on my car and I don't see how the alleged incident can happen.

Exactly. If his finger got caught, it was already on the door jamb when he closed the door manually before the soft-close feature even took over. There is not room to insert a finger between the door and the jamb at the point that soft close engages.

When I was a teenager working at a car wash 30 years ago, I tried to slam shut the trunk of a Cadillac. It didn’t close so I reached in to try to re-open it, using my fingers on the lid - not realizing it was motoring itself shut. It squeezed and squeezed down onto my fingertips and probably would have taken all 8 fingers off if I had not somehow pulled free. I ended up losing like 2 nails. Granted, that was 30 years ago. My current Range Rover and Audi S8 both have this feature and I keep my fingers away….

When I was a teenager working at a car wash 30 years ago, I tried to slam shut the trunk of a Cadillac. It didn’t close so I reached in to try to re-open it, using my fingers on the lid - not realizing it was motoring itself shut. It squeezed and squeezed down onto my fingertips and probably would have taken all 8 fingers off if I had not somehow pulled free. I ended up losing like 2 nails. Granted, that was 30 years ago. My current Range Rover and Audi S8 both have this feature and I keep my fingers away….

On this note - has anyone tried getting in the way of the frunk or trunk powered close in a Lucid? I… have been too afraid of losing my head to, but an curious if it has safety stopping.

The trunk yes, the frunk too scary, the doors I have not

On this note - has anyone tried getting in the way of the frunk or trunk powered close in a Lucid? I… have been too afraid of losing my head to, but an curious if it has safety stopping.
Maybe someone can use a hotdog or a sausage to try this out. Hotdogs are used to test out a SawStop, which stops a table saw blade from cutting ones fingers, although it works by a low voltage capacitive circuit, whereas most cars use pinch sensors or motor torque sensors.

Back