Rove Breaks Ground in Santa Ana

Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
For those in So Cal / OC Area, looks like Rove has started construction on their first location that will have a Gelson's Market, 40 chargers, 24 hr lounge and touchless car wash. It's good to have more options! They plan on having 20 locations by 2026 (one won't be too far from me)

Santa+Ana_Hero_Ariel_1366+x+768_Reduced.jpg

That's more like it.

They need to install them on the routes between SD and Sacramento / Bay Area, and between LA and Vegas. A couple of 40 charger stations on each of those routes would be perfect!

They need to install them on the routes between SD and Sacramento / Bay Area, and between LA and Vegas. A couple of 40 charger stations on each of those routes would be perfect!
Technically Santa Ana is between SD and SD 🤣

Technically Santa Ana is between SD and SD 🤣
But too close. That one is only necessary if you drive a Bolt 🤣

Need one at the base of the Grapevine and then one halfway between that and the Bay Area on the 5 and one halfway between the Grapevine and Sacramento on the 99.

Looks like the Santa Ana location will be opening Summer 24. Based on the 3D tour (rendered), it will look pretty nice. Hopefully, prices will be reasonable for those that need it and like traditional gas stations the real profit is made on the snacks!

3D tour below

Wow, one planned for Corona too!
They look nice, but hope they make enough from the car washes and convenience sales to make it worth their while.

Wow, one planned for Corona too!
They look nice, but hope they make enough from the car washes and convenience sales to make it worth their while.
Agreed. Charging a high energy fee would kill them IMHO. There's plenty of money to be made on snacks. And yes, I think Corona is planned next and is closer to me. The SA location is near my optometrist, I'll probably check it out when I go later in the year. Also, key for them is getting loaded into vehicle's navigation for charging locations so they appear in people's routes.

Back